Villa Julia, although small, is perfectly formed! The house has been tastefully updated to offer a stylish, most comfortable blend of old and new, and offers great Old Town and mountain views from its wide covered terrace upstairs.
Entrance is from the paved, traffic-free village street. The ground floor comprises the air conditioned cool open-plan bedroom which is well furnished and has a most comfortable double bed, a ceiling fans on every level and a modern en-suite shower room with cabinet. A staircase leads up to the contemporary living room. This too is open-plan, and a sofa bed. The colourful fitted and well-equipped kitchen area is at the back.
Floor-to-ceiling sliding doors open onto the generous front terrace, where it's fun to dine al fresco.
Villa Julia offers a fashionable contemporary style – imported designer furniture, Moroccan rugs, original artwork – in a quiet, very traditional Greek setting. Yet only ten minutes’ walk down the hill through the narrow lanes brings you to Skopelos’ atmospheric waterfront.
Glifoneri beach is a 15-20 minute walk on the other side of the hill.
• Contemporary style in traditional setting
• air conditionned and silent ceiling fans on every floor.
• Wifi internet ( internet 2 weeks easter, 2 weeks of xmas and from 15 june to 15 september )
• Traditional village location in picturesque surroundings, traffic free street
• Old Town, 10 min. walk to harbour, shops and tavernas. ( 15 min back )
• Walking distance to Glifoneri beach: 10-15 min down via Kastro
• This house is for rent
- Fantastic place, strategically located very close to Anatoli (the best live music place in Skopelos - not to be missed - a mere 6 min walk), as well as the perimeter road so you can have access to your car. We used the car to go swimming during the day, and walked the streets of the old town at night. Alex.
- We had a lovely stay at this property. The owner was very responsive and quick to answer our questions and help us with everything, including sharing tips and places to visit the island. The property was as advertised, clean and enjoyable to stay in - really felt like locals living there. We really enjoyed our trip to Skopelos and would recommend this to any other visitors. Panajiotis.
- The house was clean, ordered and very much welcoming. We enjoyed the terrace and the general atmosphere of the place. Skopelos itself is a great place to spend restful but also intresting hollidays. There are tourists, but it's far from the mass tourism industry you find elsewhere. A car is a plus, but not a must, as it is possible to travel around by bus. The main beaches and place are served. Lena.
- Kathleen was an awesome host and taking care everything was perfect. Thanks Kathleen! Daniel.
- Kleine , nette , authentische Unterkunft mit super schönem Balkon mitten in Skopelos- Stadt. Sehr sauber. Wir würden jederzeit gerne wieder kommen. Andrea.